- Avoid touching your new tattoo unnecessarily. DO NOT pick at or scratch a healing tattoo.
- Avoid total submersion in water, it is advisable to rather shower than bath.
- Avoid swimming, sunbeds/sun until the new tattoo is fully healed.
- Try to wear loose, cotton clothing to minimize rubbing and irritation of the new tattoo.
- Keep the new tattoo covered when working in a dirty/dusty/oily environment.
- Avoid using petroleum-based creams (Vaseline) and other skin care products that is not recommended by your tattoo artist.
- Avoid shower gels, fragrance soaps.
- Wash your hands before washing your new tattoo. You have to start washing your tattoo the same day you got it.
- Use Dove or Protex (fragrance free) bar soap to wash your tattoo. Use clean towel. soapy hands to wash the tattoo, rinse and PAT the tattoo dry with a
- If your tattoo artist advised aftercare ointment. Gently apply the recommended aftercare ointment,1 day after getting the tattoo. Apply the ointment twice a day, in the mornings and evenings, 2 hours after washing your tattoo.
- Keep applying the ointment till all the scabs are off.
- Your new tattoo will take between 10 to 14 days to heal. Picking at your new tattoo will delay the healing proses.
- Drink anti-inflammatory tablets to help with irritation and inflammation if needed.
For any questions or concerns please give us a call or send us a What's App on 082 827 2591